We’re Hiring: Marketing and Sales Manager
Louisiana State University Press is seeking a Marketing and Sales Manager to establish the strategic direction and vision for all marketing and sales aspects of the LSU Press and The Southern Review publishing programs. The Marketing and Sales Manager directs all marketing and sales programs, including domestic and international sales, publicity, advertising, direct marketing, social media, exhibits, and prizes. A member of the management team, the incumbent participates in organizational decisions, including publishing strategies, goal setting, strategic planning, and fundraising. The Marketing and Sales Manager reports directly to the Director of LSU Press and The Southern Review and manages a staff of three, along with student interns and/or graduate assistants.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Develops and manages sales and marketing program
- Creates and manages the marketing and sales budget
- Prepares sales presentations for and conducts seasonal sales meetings with sales reps
- Prepares tip sheets and manages communication with wholesalers
- Prepares preliminary book budgets and sets price, print-run, and discounts for all new titles
- Manages special sales programs for Press books
- Liaises with our fulfillment service for coordination of special sales, customer service issues, and sales rep matters
- Monitors sales reports to determine stock status on all titles
- Oversees the reprint decision process and initiates reprint orders as needed
- Oversees and approves prize submissions
- Facilitates attendance at exhibits and conferences and oversees providing materials and/or books as needed
- Oversees publicity, print material, and advertising
- Oversees the production of two seasonal catalogs, advertising, and other sales and promotional materials for the Press and The Southern Review
- Oversees content creation of social media publicity and blog posts
- Determines appropriate sales materials to be sent to sales representatives and manages customer service, author, media, and community relations
- Oversees metadata output of all editions of titles and communicates all pertinent book information to publishing community
- Creates and communicates marketing and sales plans to authors
- Arranges for key author events, readings, and signings
- Oversees eBook initiatives
Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience in marketing and/or sales in book publishing or related enterprise
Four or more years of experience in marketing and/or sales department of a scholarly or trade book publisher, preferably with experience managing staff
Founded in 1935, LSU Press quickly established itself as one of the nation’s outstanding scholarly presses and continues to garner national and international accolades, including four Pulitzer Prizes. For over 80 years, LSU Press and the distinguished literary journal The Southern Review have published important scholarship in a wide variety of disciplines, together with acclaimed works of fiction and poetry, and volumes dedicated to recording and preserving the rich history and culture of the state and the region.
Louisiana State University, the state’s flagship school, is located on the beautiful campus in Baton Rouge, a thriving capital city world famous for its cultural, musical, gastronomic, and sporting traditions.
This entry was posted on Monday, August 27th, 2018 at 8:08 am and is filed under General News, Sticky. You can follow any comments to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.