Trending: Try this Recipe for Mochi Stuffed Cookies
Here in Hawaii, you may have heard of stuffed mochi, but have you ever heard of stuffed mochi cookies? HI Now hosts Kanoe Gibson and Kainoa Carlson are in the kitchen trying out a recipe for the trending snack that you can also try at home.
Recipe: Matcha Mochi Cookies
Ingredients to make mochi:
1/2 cup glutinous rice flour
1 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tbsp sugar
1 cup milk
1 tbsp butter
Ingredients to make cookie dough:
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 and 2/5 cups all purpose flour
1.5 tbsp matcha powder
1 cup of dark chocolate chips or a dark chocolate bar (roughly copped)
1 tsp baking powder
1) To make the mochi filling, mix glutinous rice flour, cornstarch, sugar and milk in a bowl.
2) Seal with a plastic wrap, poke holes into the wrap for ventilation, and microwave for 2 mins and 45 seconds.
3) Add 1 tbsp butter into the mix and fold in with a spatula.
4) Seal the mochi mix with plastic wrap and place in fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
5) To make cookie batter, in a bowl, stir butter until it’s smooth and then add brown sugar and baking powder.
6) Sift in flour and matcha powder and mix until evenly combined. Add in the egg and mix well.
7) Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
8) Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit then place parchment paper on baking sheets.
9) While waiting, roll out small balls from the mochi mix.
10) Roll slightly larger balls from the cookie batter.
11) Flatten the cookie batter out and place the mochi ball inside. Bring the edges over until the mochi ball is covered by the cookie batter.
12) Press in chocolate chips or chunks into the cookies.
13) Bake these for 12 minutes and let them cool. Then eat and enjoy!
The post Trending: Try this Recipe for Mochi Stuffed Cookies appeared first on HI Now.