Updated: September 30, 2022
The Hawaiʻi Department of Transportation has added three new traffic cameras to its GoAkamai system covering intersections in Central Maui. The new cameras are installed at the intersections of:
- Kūihelani Highway/Airport Access Road and Puʻunēnē Avenue/Maui Veterans Highway;
- Airport Access Road and Dairy Road/Pakaula Street; and,
- Hāna Highway and Dairy Road.
Maui GoAkamai cameras can be accessed through GoAkamai.org by selecting the Cameras tab and choosing Maui in the ‘Camera Tour Name’ menu.
The GoAkamai camera network is meant to serve as a source for live traffic information for travelers to help them plan their daily commutes and improve their quality of life.
Transportation officials say the cameras also serve to advance the department’s ability to manage its systems and respond to traffic conditions as they happen.
The three new Maui cameras join the 11 cameras that were connected to GoAkamai in September 2019.
The full list of Maui cameras is:
- Kūihelani Hwy / Puʻunēnē Ave / Airport Access Rd / Maui Veterans Hwy
- Airport Access Rd at Dairy Rd and Pakaula St
- Hāna Hwy at Dairy Rd
- Haleakalā Highway and Hāna Highway
- Honoapiʻilani Highway and North Kīhei Road
- Airport Access Road and Hāna Highway
- Piʻilani Highway and Piʻikea Street
- Kaʻahumanu Avenue and Kahului Beach Road
- Hāna Hwy and Baldwin Avenue
- Haleakalā Highway and Kula Highway
- Lahaina Bypass and Kai Hele Kū Street
- Honoapiʻilani Highway and Keawe Street
- Piʻilani Highway and North Kīhei Road
- Piʻilani Highway and Līpoa Street