Social Media Marketing Tips
Social media marketing can be pretty overwhelming when you have absolutely no idea what to share. Many businesses tend to go the wrote of “promotion, promotion, promotion,” but no one wants to follow a social media account that only talks about themselves. Social media is about engaging with people and providing content that will help your followers and give them something they’ll actually want to read.
A few benefits of a killer social media strategy:
- Increased brand awareness
- Grow a larger audience
- Connect with your audience better
- Increased website traffic
- Generate more leads
- Make more sales and money
There’s no doubt about it – social media should be a vital component of your overall marketing efforts.
DECIDE ON THE FOLLOWING:
1) Decide WHO your target audience is – Who are you trying to reach?
2) What social media networks are you going to be using? (Hint, you want to be where your audience hangs out)
Write down your monthly goals and create a list of things you need to share this month. What is super important for you to accomplish this month? Here are a few examples…
This is helpful because it determines the type of content you should focus on sharing. Plus, you can pre-schedule out your promotional content as you need it.
Share compelling visuals whenever you can
People have come to expect social posts to include a visual component.Twitter’s internal data, for example, shows that people are three times more likely to engage with Tweets that have visual elements like a video, photo, infographic, or GIF.
Social images drive real-world action, too.have made travel plans or visited a restaurant based on an image or video a friend shared on social.
Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat, in particular, are visual-first networks. If your content doesn’t look good, no one will stop scrolling to read what you have to say.
You’ll need to create graphics for:
- Cover photos for each social media platform you have
- Images for your opt-in freebies (you’ll want to post these on Facebook sometimes)
- Facebook and Twitter posts
- Instagram images – (You can use copyright-free stock photos or create a graphic using Canva or PicMonkey.)
- Pinterest graphics
The dimensions for these will change over time. So do your research when creating these to find theright sizes for social media images.
Every business’s images and graphics will differ, but you’ll want to make them cohesive with your brand and always eye-catching.
Repurpose existing assets
Don’t forget that everything you share on social media or in youremail newsletter doesn’t need to be brand new.
By repurposing the great content you already have and delivering it in new ways, you can get more out of the content you’ve already created. Not only will you save time, but can help create brand consistency, build authority, and raise awareness in a whole new way.
Share someone else’s content
Chances are you already have places you look to find entertaining and informative content online.
When you find something that you think your audience will also be interested in, don’t be afraid to share it! This is a simple way to fill your content calendar, and can also help position your business as a source of valuable information.
How To Use A Social Media Sharing Checklist
- Click the image above and print the checklist. Either print one for each day and put in a binder or use a pencil daily or laminate the checklist for daily use.
- On lines that have duplicating tasks, i.e. share 5, use the space beside the text to checkmark each time task is done till it adds up to the required number.
- You must complete 30 days of all the tasks on the list. In this cycle, do no more, do no less, of all required actions. (I’ve left one square blank so that you may add an additional platform you may use.)
- Record your traffic, referral and new followers in your journal started in step one. Make note of any spikes, reasons and any influences if you can.
- Analyze your data and determine which items on the checklist worked best for you.
- Customize the checklist based on your results in step 6.
- You need to do more of what works, and maybe less of what doesn’t. You may elect to do 30 more days of what did not work, just to make sure before you adjust down.
- Repeat and adjust every 2nd month or at least seasonally.
The biggest reason that most bloggers fail at their social media strategy is that they are not focused or consistent. Honestly, stop reading all the posts about what you should do and just make a plan for yourself and stick to it for 30 days. The above checklist will not only help you stay on track, it will also save you a ton of wasted, empty time on social media.
How can you better understand your audience?
- Survey your audienceto better grasp their pain points
- Look carefully at their demographics
- Take part in conversations on forums filled with your target audience
- Respond to comments on your blog, and comment on other blogs with the same target audience
- Reply to all comments or questions on your social media channels
Once you get a feel for who your target audience is, you’re better equipped to help them. They want to deal with businesses who are – not just a faceless brand.
Which makes this a vital step in creating any social media strategy.
Learn proven strategies to help you use social media for business in 2019 with five tips. Find out how to effectively use Facebook ads in 2019 to reach your target customers.
Discover how to use Twitter and Instagram for business in 2019 to make money and find clients whether you’re B2B or B2C. In this video, you will learn how to improve your SEO and gain more organic engagement without relying on Facebook ads by posting on third-party sites like LinkedIn and Medium.
Watch to find out the best social media marketing strategies to help you in 2019 and beyond.
Ready to ramp up your social media marketing strategy? We’ve got tonnes of social media tips for you! Don’t forget to download the Social Media Growth Guide, (including a whopping 30 social tools) here: https://grow.ac/socialgrowthguide
We’ve got LinkedIn tips, Instagram tips, video content ideas and more with our social media tips for business! Are you ready to smash your 2019 social media targets? In this video, we’re going to go in-depth and take you through our 10 favorite social media tips and hacks that we use here at Growth Tribe to increase the reach and engagement of our social posts, but also to drive MQLs and deliver real value.
We’ve got the inside scoop on the Instagram algorithm, tips on social media scheduling, ideas on creating social currency and social proof, plus a selection of social media tools that will help you to create polished links and beyond. Coming up with content ideas for social media can be pretty tricky, so we’ve thrown in some of the techniques that we use to create posts that encourage your followers to engage, react and share your content, strengthening your brand and creating a buzz. After all, isn’t that the main aim of your social media channels?
Whether you’re a start-up, a scale-up or revamping an established business’ social media strategy, you’ll definitely need these tips on social media for business next year, as social media algorithms are going to become even harsher for businesses looking to
The post Social Media Marketing Tips appeared first on Whaz Up Today.