Product Marketing Manager – Chegg – Santa Clara, CA
Product Marketing Manager
Marketing Team | Santa Clara, CA
Your goal – successfully market and grow Chegg’s leading learning products and services business.
We’re looking for an experienced and highly-analytical results-oriented Product Marketing Manager to lead marketing efforts for our Chegg Learning Services Services. In this role, you’ll develop and own end-to-end integrated go-to-market and growth-oriented marketing plans, and will interface with key partners across product, performance, analytics, business, brand, community and other functional areas to execute and deliver against marketing and business objectives.
The Chegg Learning Services Team
Our highly integrated teams are looking to partner with a passionate and experienced Product Marketing Manager to help expand our Learning Services business, which includes our flagship textbook rental program, as well as new and emerging digital services such as eBooks and online homework systems. Success in this role requires a highly analytical marketer with deep experience optimizing conversion funnels, and abilities to maintain a strong focus on segmentation throughout the entire textbook customer experience.
- Develop, operationalize and drive the execution of integrated multi-channel Chegg Required Materials marketing plans and programs.
- Partner closely with key business, product and cross-functional leads to develop, execute and measure marketing initiatives and KPIs – from critical business results targets to supporting customer engagement and monetization goals.
- Collaborate with Marketing Analytics to continually and rapidly test, evaluate, and optimize marketing programs, channels and tactics.
- Develop and refine student-facing product positioning, messaging and content for Chegg Required Material products and services, working closely with Product Management, Consumer Insights and User Experience Research teams.
- Continually analyze the rapidly-changing market landscape, perform SWOT analysis, proactively identify opportunities to inform and impact product, service, and user experience roadmaps.
- Maintain clear and consistent cross-team communication, performance monitoring and reporting, including leadership and executive-level engagement.
- Successfully manage and prioritize immediate, mid-term and long-term projects and initiatives.
- 5-7 years’ experience in product marketing management or equivalent within consumer product/service companies and brands in roles directly accountable for the marketing of a product, product line or subscription service.
- Deep knowledge and expertise optimizing conversion funnels and performance across marketing channels and sub-channels (i.e. SEO, SEM, display, remarketing, social, on-site, etc.).
- Strong analytical background and analysis capabilities with direct experience successfully managing and optimizing marketing investments to achieve P&L and ROI targets and objectives.
- Experience working collaboratively and highly cross-functionally in a marketing management lead capacity and as an internal/external evangelist for the organization.
- Demonstrable experience successfully planning, developing and executing marketing plans that include product/market research and analysis, sales and user acquisition, retention and engagement marketing programs.
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills; ability to simplify complex concepts and information, and clearly inform and influence others.
- Previous experience marketing products/services to high school and college students is a plus
- Consumer subscription services marketing experience
Chegg is revolutionizing the higher education market. We aim to improve students’ outcomes by helping them get into the right college, save money on their books, ace their classes and enter the workforce. Solving these challenges requires bold digital products, leadership, deep consumer insights, breakthrough designs, and innovative business models.
As the leading student-first connected learning platform, Chegg’s Student Hub makes higher education more affordable and more accessible, all while improving student outcomes. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, CA with offices in San Francisco, New York, Portland, India, Israel, Berlin, and Ukraine. Chegg Student Hub Services Includes; Chegg Study, Tutoring, Writing Tools, Math Help, Test Prep, Careers Search, Internship Admissions, and College Admissions.
Video Shorts – Life at Chegg: https://jobs.chegg.com/Video-Shorts-Chegg-Services
Certified Great Place to Work!: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/chegg
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer