Updated: June 3, 2023
The Haʻikū School PTA hosts a Silent Auction online this year in place of the annual Haʻikū Hoʻolauleʻa and Flower Festival. The online auction opens on Thursday, April 6 at 6 a.m., and closes at 8 p.m. on April 12, 2023.
Link to the auction: https://haiku-school-pta.betterworld.org/auctions/haikuschoolptaauction
“We are not hosting the Haʻikū Hoʻolauleʻa and Flower Festival this year, however, the primary beneficiary of this auction is the same; Haʻikū School PTA,” said auction co-chairs Melody Smythe and Jen Kramer. “We are hoping to match the great success of our last auction. Not only did parents, teachers, staff, and community come together to raise a significant amount of money for our keiki, but winners benefited from generous offers from local businesses and organizations across the island. It truly is a win-win for everyone.”
To make a monetary donation visit: https://haiku-school-pta.betterworld.org/donate
The PTA raises money which directly benefits the students of Haʻikū Elementary School. On average, the PTA raises over $50,000 a year. Organizers say the funds raised goes to:
- 70% Student programs not covered by DOE including art enrichment, Hawaiiana, music and drama, creative movement, science enrichment, technology or field trips
- 10% Direct School Support, including monies to PCNC, SPED, athletics, awards, May Day, playground supplies
- 8% Classroom Supplies – each teacher receives $200 for classroom supplies and equipment!
- 8% Community Building through events, such as Teacher Appreciation Week, Kindergarten orientation, Back 2 School Night, Color Run, Holiday Night, Truck O Treat, game nights, and workshops.
- 4% PTA Operating Expenses – Insurance, liability, GET taxes, accountant fees, and business expenses
Your contributions are always appreciated and make a big difference for the students of Haʻikū School. For questions or info email or call – Haʻikū School Silent Auction Committee Melody & Jen, co-chairs at 808-264-1792 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Original source: https://mauinow.com/2023/03/28/online-auction-held-in-place-of-ha%ca%bbiku-ho%ca%bbolaule%ca%bba-and-flower-festival-this-year/