Updated: October 7, 2022
Mayor Michael Victorino congratulated nominees to the Maui County Charter Commission after they were recommended for approval Tuesday by the County Council’s Government Relations, Ethics and Transparency Committee.
“This vitally important commission is charged with a once-in-a-decade review of our County’s constitutional backbone,” Mayor Victorino said. “I look forward to this commission’s work in exploring ways to make our government more effective, productive and responsive in serving our residents.”
The 11-member commission includes two appointees by Mayor Victorino: David DeLeon and Karey Kapoi.
County Council members each had one appointee. They were:
- Grant Chun, nominated by Council Chair Alice Lee
- Keoni Kuoha, nominated by Council Vice Chair Keani Rawlins-Fernandez
- Kelson Kauanoe Batangan, nominated by Presiding Officer Pro Tempore Tasha Kama
- George Purdy IV, nominated by Councilmember Gabe Johnson
- Paul Deslauriers, nominated by Councilmember Kelly King
- Lance Collins, nominated by Councilmember Mike Molina
- Ashley Olson, nominated by Councilmember Tamara Paltin
- Douglas Mardfin, nominated by Councilmember Shane Sinenci
- Doreen Canto, nominated by Councilmember Yuki Lei Sugimura
“I thank all of the Charter Commission nominees for their willingness to serve, and I wish them luck in front of the whole Council. I have faith they will conduct a transparent, comprehensive review of our County Charter,” Mayor Victorino said. “I encourage all residents to follow the commission’s progress closely and participate in the process of creating the best government possible to serve our people.”
Original source: https://mauinow.com/2021/02/10/nominees-selected-for-maui-county-charter-commission/