Robert Seidman, proprietor of Sports TV Ratings, and Patrick Crakes, an industry consultant who was a programming executive for FOX Sports, join the podcast again! We discussed:
– Is it a good idea for Katie Nolan’s new digital show to be on ESPN+?
– The bourgeoning sports OTT wars: ESPN+, DAZN, BR Live, and what happens if Amazon really gets serious.
– NHL’s current rights deal is $200 million per year with NBC. Could it triple or more when it comes up?
– What happens with the Fox Sports RSNs?
– Gambling is going to lead to a lot of new ad revenue across all sports media verticals but I wonder if gambling specific content will be oversaturated in comparison to how much the audience wants it. What do they think?
– What will NFL ratings do this year? Up, down, or flat?
Hope you enjoy!
Podcast theme: Ghost Atlas – Sacred Organs
Podcast produced by Michael Shamburger
PAST GLASS HALF EMPTY PODCASTS:
▶ A Conversation With Nancy Faust Jenkins, Forty-Year Organist for Chicago White Sox
▶ A Conversation With Chris Long and Kyle Long
▶ Lanny Poffo Talks New Wrestling Doc, Mount Rushmore of Road Trip Buddies, Randy Savage Exit from WWF
▶ Greg Norman Talks New SiriusXM Show, Business Empire, US Open
▶ Rob Stone Previews World Cup on FOX, Talks PBA and WWE
▶ Discussing Get Up, High Noon, and WWE on Fox With Richard Deitsch
▶ Kevin Negandhi Talks 6PM SportsCenter, Anchoring Vs. Commentary, Convincing Indian Parents He Could Work in Sports
▶ Discussing WWE TV Deal, NBA Ratings With Sports TV Ratings’ Robert Seidman and Former Fox Sports Executive Patrick Crakes
▶ Tom Haberstroh Talks NBA Playoffs, Radical CBA Ideas, Life After ESPN
▶ Sports Talk Radio Expert Jason Barrett Breaks Down the Situation With Mike Francesa and WFAN
▶ Steve Levy Talks SportsCenter Production and Evolution, Aspiration to Call NBA Game on Radio
▶ A Conversation With Bo Ryan