Maui Obituaries for the week ending Apr. 24, 2023. May they rest in peace.
March 27, 1929 – April 1, 2023
Beatrice Teruko Fujita, 94 of Kahului, Maui passed away peacefully at her home on April 1, 2023 under the care of Hospice Maui.
She was born on March 27, 1929 in Puʻunēnē, Maui. She was a homemaker and a stay-at-home mom. She enjoyed playing Hanafuda cards and going shopping with her friends.
She is survived by: daughters, Gail C. Segawa and Corinne J. Schultz (Bobby); grandchildren, Shayne Segawa, Destry Segawa, Brannon Schultz (Lynn), Cyrus Schultz, and Dayne “Keala” Schultz (Kevin); great-grandchildren, Alyssa Burton (Trey), Victoria Cabo- Schultz, Ethan Cabo- Schultz, and Rhyze Segawa; and, great-great-grandchild, Ella Mae Burton.
She was pre-deceased by: her husband, Tadami “Bags”; her son, Mark T.; her parents, Tomihachi and Ume Yokote; her brothers, Shigeru, Takashi (Taka), Katsushi (Karl), Sakae, and Noboru (Glen); and her sisters, Hatsui Fukunaga, Chiyoko (Joan) Tokuoka, and Mildred Ogata.
The family would like to thank Mely Perreira for all her love and support in caring for our mom for many years and Hospice Maui for their care and compassion.
At her request, private services were held. No koden.
Arrangements by Norman’s Mortuary with Online condolences at www.normansmortuary.com
Nov. 22, 1947 – April 11, 2023
June 10, 1946 – April 14, 2023
Alvin “Boy” Richard Ah Choy Yap, 76, of Kula, went home with the Lord on Friday, April 14, 2023. He was born to Leonard Ah Choy Yap and Eva Yuen Moy Hew on June 11, 1946.
Boy is survived by his aunts and numerous cousins.
Services will be held on Monday, May 1, 2023 at St. John’s Episcopal Church, Keokea. Viewing will begin at 9:30 a.m. with services at 11 a.m. and burial to follow.
Arrangements by Norman’s Mortuary. Norman’s Mortuary Online Condolences: www.normansmortuary.com
March 5, 1938 – April 18, 2023
Jose Nakoa Sarol, 85, passed away on April 18, 2023 in Wailuku, Maui.
Also known as Joseph Nakoa Sarol Sr., he was born on March 5, 1938 to Demetrio Sarol and Lillian Nakoa of Lahaina, Maui.
Survived by his wife Rosita Pante Sarol and his children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, brother, and sister.
- Tammy (Cameron) Kapahulehua daughter
- Makoa Batongbacal grandson
- Kalaokahaku Prince (Holly) Kapahulehua grandson
- Chanse Kapahulehua great grandson
- Stella Kapahulehua great granddaughter
- Emelito (Maria Georgina) Aguinaldo son
- Kristine Neely granddaughter
- Eleanor and (Richard) Matubis daughter
- Richelle Matubis granddaughter
- Rachel Joy Matubis granddaughter
- Jyrone (Mary Rose) Baraoidan grandson
- Rowena (Victor)Kamai and family’s daughter
- Roxanne (Felix)Vellina daughter
- Grandson Jon Vellina (Rachelle Swink)
- Great grandkids- Kelia Swink Vellina, Kanoa Swink Vellina, Kamalu Swink Vellina
- Granddaughter Nikkole Vellina
- Joseph Sarol Jr. son
- Grandson Isaac Vierra
- Grandson Keahi Vierra
- Great grandkids- Alazae Vierra, Navaeh Vierra, Kahi Vierra, Bailey Vierra, Kaya Vierra
- Sisters Josephine (Enselmo)Quillayen, Annie (Akira) Miyamoto (deceased), Grace Salome Nakoa (deceased)
- Brothers-Juan Sanchez, Demetrio (Daisy) Sarol Jr.
2-Day Funeral service is to be held at Norman’s Mortuary in Wailuku on Monday, May 1, 2023 from 6 to 9 p.m. and Tuesday, May 2, 2023 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Burial to follow at Valley Isle Memorial Park at 2 p.m. in Haʻikū.
Arrangements by Norman’s Mortuary and online condolences can be made at www.normansmortuary.com
Original source: https://mauinow.com/2023/04/23/maui-obituaries-week-ending-apr-24-2023/