Maui High School Foundation Seeking Nominations for Hall of Honor Awards
The Maui High School Foundation is seeking nominations for its 10th Annual Maui High School Hall of Honor Awards. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 10th annual awards event was postponed and will be held this year.
Categories and descriptions of awards include the following:
- Silversword Heritage Award: bestowed upon an alumni who is distinguished in life and work.
- Award of Excellence: given to an alumni who has excelled in their field or profession.
- Spirit of Maui Award: issued to an alumni who gave back to the community or who made a difference in the community.
- Inspiration Award: given to a faculty member (not necessarily an alumni) past or present who went above and beyond and made a difference to the students and school.
- Saber Spirit: issued to an individual (not necessarily an alumnus) who is an unsung hero to the school or possibly volunteered at the school.
The sumission deadline is March 15, 2021. The nominees in each category will be presented to the 2021 Hall of Honor Selection Committee and winners will be determined.
All Award Winners will be honored at the 10th Annual Maui High School Foundation Hall of Honor Banquet to be held in September.
Nomination forms are available online at www.mauihighschoolfoundation.com, at the Maui High School main offie, or by email request to email@example.com. Paper forms may be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org; mailed to: MHSF Hall of Honor Committee- 660 S. Lono Ave., Kahului, HI 96732; or faxed to: (808) 873-3010
Maui High’s Hall of Honor was created in 2011 and annually recognizes individuals with ties to Maui High School who have made outstanding contributions to the legacy of our school and to our school community.
The Hall of Honor Awards Banquet, traditionally held during Maui High School’s Homecoming Week in September, is the largest fundraising event throughout the year for the MHS Foundation.
The Maui High School Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. It was established in 1995 with a mission to promote and foster the development of Maui High School as a secondary education institution on Maui.