Mariners All-Access on ROOT SPORTS: June 3
On the latest edition of Mariners All-Access on ROOT SPORTS nicknames, more life lessons from baseball and a hitting lesson from Edgar Martinez.
- Seager 1-on-1 — Brad Adam sits down with Kyle Seager who shares some stories about his Little League days and what it’s like watching his young son Crue play baseball.
- Pitching Mechanics — It’s a pitching lesson for the kids! There are different ways to throw the same pitch as is evidenced by watching the Mariners starting rotation. See how Félix Hernández and James Paxton compare when throwing their changeups and curve balls.
- Edgar contact points — A hitting lesson for the kids! Edgar Martinez and Angie Mentink head inside the batting cage and look at different contact points for tee work.
- Nicknames you had as a kid — A look a different nicknames the Mariners earned as kids playing baseball.
- Kickball vs. Dodgeball — The Mariners are athletic enough to play just about any sport they want, so it’s no surprise they’d enjoying challenging their teammates to a couple playground games. Find out who would rather play kickball over dodgeball.
- State your case — Marco Gonzales states his case for The Natural being the best baseball movie of all time.
- In addition, Paxton, Haniger, Cruz, Zunino, Gordon, Gonzales, Altavilla and Seager offer their perspective throughout the show on the biggest lesson baseball has taught them.
- Sandlot Movie Lines: The Mariners quote a few memorable scenes from The Sandlot.
Mariners All Access airs on ROOT SPORTS:
- Sunday at noon and 4:30 pm
- Monday at 7:00 pm
- Tuesday at 4:00 pm
- Wednesday at 4:00 pm
- Friday at 3:00 pm
- Saturday at noon
Mariners All-Access on ROOT SPORTS: June 3 was originally published in From the Corner of Edgar & Dave on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.