Updated: June 5, 2023
An impressive feast of friendship, food, music, dance, and vocals will be on display at the much-anticipated Celebration of Island Tastes and Carmen Hulu Lindsey Leo Ha‘iha‘i Falsetto Contest.
The event will be held on Saturday, April 8 at 5:30 p.m. in the open-air Aloha Garden Pavilion at The Ritz-Carlton Maui, Kapalua as part of the 31st annual Celebration of the Arts. Residents and visitors are invited to purchase tickets by calling 808-665-7089. Parking is complimentary.
Throughout the night, guests will enjoy special Hawaiian music and hula performances by Carmen Hulu Lindsey and her daughters; Nāpua Greig and her hālau hula, Hālau Nā Lei Kaumaka O Uka and Kahulu Maluo-Pearson.
The evening will also include a feast featuring traditional foods of Hawai‘i from the land and sea.
The lūʻau-style menu will include:
- Imu steamed: kalua pork (kalua pua‘a), sweet potato (kalua ‘uala) and turkey (kalua pelehu)
- Steamed pork and beef (lau lau)
- Octopus lūʻau leaf and coconut milk (lūʻau he‘e)
- Steamed and mashed taro (poi)
- Chicken with long rice
- Fern shoot salad (pohole)
- Diced ahi seafood salad (ahi poke)
- Coconut pudding (haupia)
- Coconut cake
- Soft drinks, juices, coffee and tea
- Cocktails, beer and wine
Ticket Prices are as follows:
- $159+tax (general admission)
- $119+tax (kama‘āina with valid Hawai‘i ID)
- $49+tax (children ages 6-12). Children 5 years and under are free.
The Celebration of Island Tastes and Carmen Hulu Lindsey Leo Ha‘iha‘i Falsetto Contest is presented by The Ritz-Carlton Maui, Kapalua and Festivals of Aloha. Details are subject to change without notice.
Original source: https://mauinow.com/2023/03/27/falsetto-and-lu%ca%bbau-feast-featured-events-at-the-31st-annual-celebration-of-the-arts/