News

News

E-commerce Marketing Strategies – KDuka – Medium

E-commerce Marketing Strategies

You have created your online store and added your products, what now?

It’s time to help your potential customers find you. You can explore different marketing strategies. Here are a few that will be helpful.

1. Social Media

This is one of the cheapest way to market depending on your target customers. There are many social media platforms one can laverage and they aren’t mutually exclusive. You can explore twitter, facebook, instagram, pinterest, depending on your product and target market.

Photo by Phil Desforges on Unsplash

Engaging your customers on social media goes a long way to help in acquisition and retention. Start meaningful conversations and discussions relating to your product and issues in the industry.

Rewards and campaigns on social media motivate the customers to engage and feel appreciated by the business.

2. Google Adwords

This is a great way to generate sales if the business can afford to pay for it. It drives enormous traffic that may convert to sales which is the goal 😃.

When it comes to PPC, one has to understand what they are doing to avoid being overcharged and increase the rate of conversion. Keywords are very important and being as precise and specific as possible goes a long way.

Pointing out your unique selling point helps the company stand out from your competitors. Helping your customers find you.

SEO and PPC are different in that PPC instantaneously drives traffic to the site while SEO takes time to perfect and bear fruits. You can combine the two for optimum results (Increase in revenue and sales.). After all, they aren’t mutually exclusive.

3. Affiliate Marketing

This is where a business uses other people to market and pay them for the sales made from their influence. This works by tracking the source of a particular sale using a unique URL that you generate for each affiliate marketer.

For instance, a youtube influencer posts that url on their description box and when a customer follows it and makes a purchase, they receive the agreed payment for it.

There are existing affiliate networks that you can contact without going through the trouble yourself. You get affiliate marketers best fit for your product and industry.

4. Mailing list 📨

Email marketing is a very powerful tool if used effectively. It can grow sales and revenues as well as initiate retention and loyalty.

Customers aren’t always willing to give their emails, therefore, offer something in exchange for a customers email. They will be more willing to leave their email addresses when they have something to gain.

Give them an option of leaving their email by having a sign up box where they input it after shopping or throughout the process.

5. Content Marketing

Creating or directing your customers to relevant content creates interaction as well as attention. Original content ensures that customers have a constant flow of new helpful and important information.

Be strategic about promotional and informational content. Lean more towards informational content 80% (the Pareto principle) and the remaining 20% for promotional. This way it’s about the customers and not the business.

Content is King!!

In conclusion

When you are starting out a business, you might not have a huge marketing budget. However, this is shouldn’t stop you from marketing. As we have seen, there are several strategies and techniques you can use that requires little or no money to reach potential customers.

The Pareto Principle, or “80/20 Rule” as it is frequently called today, is an incredible tool for growing your business. For instance, if you can figure out which 20% of your time produces 80% of your business’ results, you can spend more time on those activities and less time on others. Likewise, by identifying the characteristics of the top 20% of your customers (who represent 80% of your sales), you can find more customers like them and dramatically grow your sales and profits. — Forbes.

Enter your NameEnter your Email Address

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *