Director of Marketing Communications (HIRED)
By trade we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone that works here, they’ll tell you we are a people company. As the industry leader in Accounts Payable (AP) Automation, AvidXchange strives to provide an innovative and collaborative work environment. We do that through focusing on our people, our culture and ensuring we run our business in a way that enables every employee to achieve their fullest potential and help us create a world-class company. Our employees live by our core values, including “Innovate to Change the Game,” “Passion About Customer Success,” “Win as a Team,” and “Have a Blast.” Whether you live in Charlotte and can enjoy our corporate campus at the AvidXchange Music Factory or you live across the country, AvidXchange has locations waiting for you. We are on a mission to create something different at AvidXchange. Love where you work. Live Avidly.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Director of Marketing and Communications (MarComm) will lead a team of creatives, public relations and content creators. You will craft and steward the company brand, including messaging, tone, design and public relations. The Director of MarComm will lead the team to create high-traffic blog content, lead-converting resources and shareable creative projects. You will support marketing stakeholders, including demand generation, sales enablement, public relations, community management and channels/verticals.
Goals include: driving awareness, driving event attendees, influencing public opinion through PR and influencer relations, attracting site traffic and social followers, empowering sales with relevant content and marketing materials to send prospects.
• Lead and manage team responsible for telling the company story.
• Build the brand through exceptional creative, by nurturing relationships with influencers and by producing the most remarkable events in the industry.
• Own brand positioning and messaging.
• Provide strategic guidance on identifying and engaging with media, analysts and influencers.
• Provide creative direction on brand-level video, web and graphic design projects.
• Lead a team of content strategists and producers to create regular content to be marketed via all inbound channels (social, email, blog, landing pages, etc.).
• Develop the strategy and processes to scale output content.
• Make data-driven decisions to move the team and our content forward and hit company goals.
• Grow the team through hiring and training.
• Manage agencies and freelancers.
• BA/BS or equivalent working experience.
• Proven marketing veteran, with experience overseeing a team of creatives and/or public relations and media outreach experts.
• Experience developing and managing content for the web across several disciplines (text, design, video, etc.) and media (blogging, guides, whitepapers, research, infographics, podcasts, etc.).
• Leadership experience with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Driven by creative intuition but able to gut check and course-correct with data, as well as report results and optimize using data.
• Ability to deliver constructive feedback on projects to the creative team.
• Experience with other creative disciplines a plus (e.g. video, events, front-end, audio/visual, etc.).
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.
This position has been filled. To search all open positions, visit our Job Board.
SIGN UP FOR THE DAILY AGENDA
Join the 37,111 smart Charlotteans that receive our daily newsletter.
“It’s good. I promise.” – Ted