Business Development and Marketing Specialist
E4E Relief is a 501c3 public charity who partners with compassionate companies to support their employees in need and build goodwill in their communities. Our Vision is to create a world where philanthropy inspires a ready and compassionate response to crisis. Established in 2014, E4E Relief is a subsidiary of Foundation For The Carolinas.
We partner with corporations nationwide and internationally to establish and administer disaster and hardship relief programs to assist their employees facing unexpected financial hardship. We pride ourselves in having a turnkey approach with an exceptional client experience supporting nearly 1.5M employees in times of crisis. That is where you come in!
We are in ‘start-up’ mode and our client base has doubled in the past two years. As we continue to scale, we are seeking a Business Development & Marketing Specialist to support the cultivation of new business, targeting Fortune 500 and Middle Market companies. Under the direction of the VP & Director, Business & Organizational Development, this role will be responsible for helping expand our philanthropic reach through supporting the sales cycle, securing new business to generate revenue, enhancing the E4E Relief brand and building overall market awareness.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Support business development efforts for the organization.
• Conduct research to gain industry insights, competitive intelligence, understand the market and build expertise.
• Proactively identify target market/stakeholders and initiate outreach opportunities.
• Build, maintain and track a pipeline of qualified opportunities.
• Lead role for responses to RFPs.
• Respond to initial inbound prospect inquiries, qualify leads while making a strong first impression.
• Nurture partnership opportunities to collaborate or jointly go to market.
• Assist with new client conversion efforts to meet/exceed department sales goals.
• Build sales enablement toolkit including communication templates, materials, RFP repository.
• Represent E4E Relief at conferences, prospect meetings, webinars and other forums, as needed.
• Provide timely status updates to internal stakeholders.
• Support new client onboarding working with Onboarding team to ensure a seamless transition.
• Field influx of quick-turnaround inquiries during high-volume periods of time, particularly during large-scale disasters.
• Serve as a key contributor to the Sales and Marketing Strategic Plan, building short and long-term strategies to expand our client base, build market awareness and solidify E4E Relief as the leading employee relief fund provider.
• Develop content and manage social media, website, thought leadership and other market-facing materials including sales collateral highlighting our core competencies.
• Build and execute awareness campaigns, prospect touchpoints.
• Identify and share industry insights utilizing client program data.
• Be a steward and fierce protector of the E4E Relief brand.
• Serve on cross-functional teams to work on strategic projects impacting E4E’s program development, marketing efforts, product development and overall growth.
• Manage processes and procedures to integrate the development efforts of the team, such as data tracking, dashboards, information sharing and cross-selling.
• Support disaster response efforts during large-scale disasters.
• Special projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 1-3 years of experience.
• Purpose-driven mindset with an entrepreneurial spirit, comfortable working with limited resources.
• Communicates effectively in person, via email and phone, quickly establishing credibility and demonstrating professionalism.
• Familiarity with social media channels.
• Organized and ready to contribute to new ways to enhance the current, start-up sales environment.
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office applications, Microsoft Dynamics experience.
• History of successfully building and maintaining relationships with a range of stakeholders.
• Comfortable using data and research to drive and inform decision-making.
• Capacity to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, set priorities and respond quickly.
• Positive, “can do” spirit, resilient, can remain calm and flexible.
• Coachability and willingness to take direction.
• Embraces an ‘all hands-on deck’ approach during large-scale, catastrophic disasters.
• Ability to travel 10-25%.
• Willingness to work overtime, as needed.
Visit the E4E Relief website at www.e4erelief.org and click on the Job Opportunities tab. Candidates will be asked to fill out and submit an application form online along with their resume and cover letter. Applications for this position will be accepted until 5 p.m. on Aug. 3, 2018.
In your cover letter please include the following
• Writing samples including 1:1 business email communication, mass communication and other examples of your written communications.
• Your salary requirements.