Best Practices: Social Media Marketing
Social Media is one of the largest markets for advertising. Due it is ability to target users and the low cost, it is a very safe strategy. We have noticed a lot of green industry companies that still do not take advantage of the opportunity that social media marketing offers. Below are a few reasons why you should be using social media and some tips and tricks on how to get started.
1. Take advantage of different platforms. We use LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter. Also highly recommend looking into Instagram. These are all free accounts and pages you can make that offers your customers more ways to stay in contact & keep up with your business while also allowing more avenues for potential customers to find you!
2. Interact with those who follow you. The great thing about social media is it provides a direct & casual way to communicate with your target audience. Not only does this serve as a good way to communicate with your followers but it also makes it more likely for others to follow you!
3. Post consistently. This is the number one thing you can do to drive more traffic to your social media profiles. There are all kinds of algorithms that social media platforms use to rank posts and consistency is a stable across them all. Set an event on your calendar so that you can make sure you’re posting at the same time each day.
4. Promote your company culture. Social accounts are a great way to provide followers with a behind the scenes look at your business! This will build trust between you are your client base.
5. Use high quality images. Images can be great attention grabbers, but using low quality images can work against you. A great free tool for formatting, blog headers, info-graphics and more is Canva.